Thursday, March 13, 2008

Time marches on. It's March 13th and I'm still readying myself for 2 months in Europe. My friend, Gareth, has left on his world-wide walk-about and is now in Auckland. His blog is http://garethbaron.blogspot.com/ if you're interested in following his progress.

Meanwhile, I've packed up my backpack and have been schlepping it around the house, trying to get used to it. So, as I work my way through the day I wonder -- am I nuts -- or WHAT!! Two months wandering around Europe with a 30# backpack on my back -- at my age?!! Y-E-S. I'm gonna do it and have fun in the process.

One change I've made is to leave and then arrive back in the U.S. from LAX (Los Angeles) as opposed to San Francisco. This way, I'll be able to leave my car in Jennifer's garage while I'm gone for 2 1/2 months. I've also thought that I'd have a property manager check my house a couple of times a week during my absence. It'll cost me a couple of $$, but I figure it's worth it. So what this means is that when I go down to L.A. on April 15th (or so), I will being leaving until July 2nd. I guess I'd better make a check list -- and check it twice!

So, that's all for now.

Hasta la vista -- Amigo(a)

No comments: